CD still not recognized with kernel 2.6

Jonathan S. Romero jromero at raydiance-inc.com
Wed Mar 2 10:41:01 CST 2005

I have a power edge 750.  And got it working using Gentoo linux with a
2.6, and later a 2.4 kernel(moved backwards for freeswan).

I am planning on doing a Debian Sarge install on this system.  I'd
imagine getting the IDE cdrom to be detected simply involves making sure
the IDE controller driver is compiled into the kernel.  The IDE
controller is handled by a seperate chip than the Serial ATA.

I'll try to remember to do an lspci when I bring the system back up
again to get the controller ID.

-Jonathan S. Romero