[Fwd: RAC, ERA, 2650, Serial Terminal]

Eberhard Moenkeberg emoenke at gwdg.de
Wed Mar 2 05:44:01 CST 2005

Hi,

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005, Brian K. Jones wrote:

> A followup on this problem: I purchased a serial null modem cable whose
> package was labeled as such, and still get nothing on my console.

My experience is (3 times): a 2650 serial port gets destroyed if you
connect a non-crossing cable where it should be a crossing one.
I guess the line interface chips get blown if two outputs get connected.

> Anybody with input is hereby solicited to speak up. It's frustrating to
> NOT have any lights-out capabilities without the use of Java.

Since 3.0 ERA/RAC firmware, you can do a telnet session to the ERA
network port and use commands like "connect video" or "serveraction
hardreset" (some more, but only a subset).

Cheers -e
--
Eberhard Moenkeberg (emoenke at gwdg.de, em at kki.org)