PE2650 ERM and ERA firmware updates

Agnew, Jared (Mission Systems) Jared.Agnew at ngc.com
Wed Mar 2 00:44:00 CST 2005

Does anyone know if updating the ERA firmware eliminates the need to upgrade the ERM firmware for a 2650?  I updated the ERA firmware tonight to v3.20 and when viewing the system information on the RAC card it displays that the ERM is at v3.20 as well.  The latest firmware I see on Dell’s download page specifically for the 2650 ERM is A02, released in early 03.  Are there two different parts of ERM to make firmware updates, or is the A02 just an older separate update that is no longer needed if you update the ERA?

Thanks