poweredge hardware monitoring

Neil list-linux-poweredge--dell.com at iamafreeman.com
Tue Mar 1 18:09:01 CST 2005

Hi

I'd say nagios was exactly what you want even for monitoring 1 server and you
have at least 4 ;) Its a 1/2 day install/config/experiment well worth it

you can install the snmp modules on both linux and windows and use the same
nagios plugin to monitor both, you can also monitor a lot of other things via
snmp in a similar platform independent way

you can do it with open manage, but IMHO there is little 'open' about it and
you'd be tied to a dell solution, so you'd better not upgrade to rhel4 (2.6
kernel) just yet and never think about using debain etc. I think you might
have to subscribe(pay). also you'll not have a clue how it really works, but
you might be happy like that.

Neil