VIRTUALCDROM / VIRTUALFLOPPY on 2850

Homme R. Bitter homme at support.net
Tue Mar 1 15:52:00 CST 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 20:57, Matthias Pigulla wrote:

> Now the kernel is up and running and /dev/hda and /dev/hdb show up as
> "VIRTUALFLOPPY DRIVE Floppy" and "VIRTUALCDROM DRIVE" respectively.
>
> The problem is I cannot mount any CDs in the drive - I just get "no
> medium found" errors. When connecting the drive to my local workstation
> drive using the remote management web interface, everything works fine,
> I can access the (server remote) cd.

I gave up and installed "debian on dell" from that one. I merged debian
on dell with the stock install CD so I didn't have to change CDs and
it actually installed all at once, I got it to do the second stage via
network in one time, worked quite well. I do agree it's weird you can't
even install from local CDrom, but I've given up spending time on it.

H.