VIRTUALCDROM / VIRTUALFLOPPY on 2850

Kresimir Sparavec kreso at k.plenum.de
Tue Mar 1 14:55:00 CST 2005

Welcome to the club :)

The problem is in the SI Linux driver or BIOS or both. You will have to
disable the support for it in the kernel and reboot. If you need to install
Debian, you will have to:

a) build your own boot CD (follow the Scott's footsteps),
b) boot some other OS, copy debian onto raid/disks and install from disk,
c) boot from USB stick and install from it,
d) boot from floppies and install.

I did a) with 2.4.29 stock kernel, SI support disabled, woody install works
fine.

Kresimir