AW: How about Debian on Dell 2850

Matthias Pigulla mp at webfactory.de
Tue Mar 1 06:19:01 CST 2005

We just got a new PE2850, PERC4e/DC, dual XEON, 2GB of RAM.

I just started trying to set it up, the default Debian CDs don't work. Be sure not to miss http://wiki.osuosl.org/display/LNX/Debian+on+Dell+Servers.

I'll report back how things proceed. One thing I'm unsure about is wheter it would make sense (for performance) to setup raid 10 using both scsi channels, that is, one of the mirrored disk on each channel, so each channel serves a striping set of two disks.

Best regards,
Matthias