PowerEdge 6450 and Ghost

Dave Sobel dave at evolvetech.com
Thu Jan 20 23:08:01 CST 2005

I know this is slightly off topic for the list, but I hope someone can
help a little.

I have a PE 6450 which has a set of 4 internal disks of 9GB each.
The machine is running out of disk space, and so I have a set of 4 73GB
drives to replace it with.  What I want to do -- ideally -- is take a
Symantec Ghost image of the box, put in the new drives, and build a new
container, lay the Ghost image down, and then expand the partition.

However, I can't for the life of me get Ghost to see the USB drive that
I normally put the images out to -- Ghost doesn't seem to recognize it.

Can anyone advise on the best way to do this?

Dave