OMSA and Debian PE2600

Deniz Köllhofer dfk at gmx.net
Sun May 30 13:05:00 CDT 2004

Hi.

I would like to remotely monitor a PE2600.  I've got Debian woody
running and installed/started the latest dellomsa&dellomsa drivers
(4.120-3925) from the linux.dell.com website.
The management station is a win xp machine and I installed the software
which was on the cd that came along with the server.

When I start the 'IT Assistant' I get an error message, telling me I
can't connect to the server on port 2607.
I don't if I'm using the proper client or if the server is not set up
correctly.

Is there a way to check if omsa is correctly installed without using
windows?
Are there any other OMSA clients, that run with debian?
It would be good if OMSA, running on the server, had a built-in
webserver, so you only need a webbrowser to access information.

Thanks for you help,
Deniz