PERC3/Di failure workaround hypothesis

Sean Bruno - TELECOM sean.bruno at metro1.com
Sat May 29 11:56:00 CDT 2004

Test results are in.

My test machine with the read/write cache disabled "detonated" last
night after about one day of up-time.

Looking at the console, I see a smattering of errors writing to the
disks.

What seems very strange to me is the fact that I have close to 80 2650's
running just fine with RAID1.  These machines are a bit out of date as
far as firmware is concerned.

What do you want to try next?

--
Sean Bruno - TELECOM <sean.bruno at metro1.com>