Aacraid in a "custom" kernel

McDougall, Marshall (FSH) MarMcDouga at gov.mb.ca
Fri May 28 17:09:14 CDT 2004

Folks.

I have a 2650(several actually) running RHES2.1 (2.4.9-e.27smp) that I am
trying to add APM to.  When I compile the kernel using the 2.4.9-e.27smp
source, I loose the aacraid module.  I am the first to admit that I am a
kernel making newbie and I have never had to add a module to the kernel.  I
am also surprised that when I "mkinitrd /boot/2.4.9-e.27custom.img
2.4.9-e.27custom", it comes back with "No module aacraid found for kernel
2.4.9-e.27custom".  How do I retain everything I have in the stock RHEL
kernel and add APM.  I've been up and down google, and have searched the
archives, and I am now mired in too much information.  Any assistance
appreciated.

Regards, Marshall