reminder: don't send HTML mail to the list

R. Drew Davis drew2002 at optonline.net
Fri May 28 16:10:01 CDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-05-20 at 17:47, Matt Domsch wrote:
> Please don't send HTML mail to the linux-poweredge list (or any other
> list on lists.us.dell.com for that matter).  Plain text mail is
> sufficient.  The spam filters trap HTML mail in the moderator queue,
> so there will be a delay between when you post and when we run the
> queue.  Plain text mails won't get caught in the moderator queue
> unless they're particularly spammy, have binary attachments, and the
> like.
>
> Thanks,
> Matt

I notice that most of the spam leaking through to the list is in
Cyrillic.  Seems your spam filter should be sensitive to:

but isn't.   I've fed the Russian mail to babelfish to confirm it was
spam.   (Typically advertising training courses in Moscow).   I've yet
to see a legit Cyrillic question to the list. (Not that asking the list
anything in a foreign language is particularly effective anyhow).

Drew