replacing RH 7.3 on a 2650: please advise

Nicolas Ross rossnick-lists at cybercat.ca
Fri May 28 13:38:00 CDT 2004

> With RedHat 7.3 at EOL, is Enterprise Linux 3 a safe bet?
> I see that RedHat certifies RHEL 3 for the 2650 but not
> for the PowerVaults (220S & 132T) that I'm using.  (I've
> also noticed a few problems mentioned on this list.)  Will
> this OS/hardware combo work well?
> (snip)

I don't see why not...

I just want to point out a few alternatives :

As a free alternative to RedHat Enterprise Linux :

Tao Linux
http://taolinux.org/

cAos Linux
http://www.caosity.org/

White Box Enterprise Linux
http://www.whiteboxlinux.org/

I personnally use Tao on several non-dell servers, and it's great, I
personnlly recommand it.

Next, some companies continue to "back-port" security fixes to rh 7,8 and 9
(those a paid subscriptions...) :

Progeny Transition Service
http://transition.progeny.com/

The Fedora Legacy Project