DRAC3/ERA and console redirect

Thomas Petersen tomp at securityminded.net
Thu May 27 15:07:01 CDT 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: JACOB_LIBERMAN at Dell.com [mailto:JACOB_LIBERMAN at Dell.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 27, 2004 1:19 AM
To: tpickard at crossref.org; linux-poweredge at Dell.com
Subject: RE: DRAC3/ERA and console redirect

>>Personally, I recommend that you enable the telnet functionality of the
ERA. With this feature enabled, you can telnet into the ERA, issue all
racadm
>> commands, or type "connect video" and redirect a text or ncurses-based
console via the telnet session. This telnet session will also redirect
server
>>POST, etc. This is a pretty neat feature and much faster than the WebUI.

I suppose if you like your login and passwords flying clear text through the
Internet this is always an option.  Any idea of when we might get SSH
functionality?

Thanks,

TP