Are PERC3/Di failures like this seen under Win32?

Ronald L Fox rfox at dls.queens.org
Thu May 27 03:37:01 CDT 2004

Regarding the current PERC3/Di failure workaround hypothesis, I asked these questions on 5/22 but didn't see a response so I'll ask as a separate thread. If there's a Win32-PowerEdge at dell.com list, please point me to the sign-up instructions:

If this is indeed a PERC/3Di firmware problem, wouldn't you expect to see this failure mode with other OS's?

Has this problem been reported to affect Win32 systems?

If not, any theory about why?

If so, does the suggested workaround fix the problem under Win32?

Thanks,
Ron

Ronald L Fox                      E-mail: rfox at dls.queens.org
Sr. Software Engineer