Monitoring disks and power supplies and fans and such...

Ben Russo ben at muppethouse.com
Wed May 26 17:44:00 CDT 2004

On the old Dell PE 2550 and 2650  I used afacli in a script to check the
status of the disks and the raid containers every few hours.  It would
generate a syslog message and an e-mail message if there was  a problem.

Is there a way to do the same thing on the new Megaraid2 controllers?
Whatabout checking the Power Supply and FAN status's?

I did install the OMSA stuff, but sheesh it starts about 40 threads for
about 5 or 6 different processes...  I just want to make sure the box is
OK every 6-12 hours or so.  I really don't want to have to use SNMP to
do it.

-Ben.