PERC2 RHEL3 issue

Brian_Pickering@selinc.com Brian_Pickering at selinc.com
Wed May 26 16:30:01 CDT 2004

Not sure about your 6300/PERC2, but I know the two we have in house here
are Adaptec based and use the aacraid driver.  Its bios identifies it as a
"PowerEdge RAID Controller 2" during bootup.  RHEL3(Update 1) without any
driver disks picked it up just fine with the new 2.8 firmware on the
controller.

Brian Pickering - Brian_Pickering at selinc.com
System Administrator - Information Services
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc.

"Tom Brown" <tom.brown at goodtechnology.com>
Sent by: linux-poweredge-admin at dell.com
05/26/2004 09:14 AM

<Linux-PowerEdge at dell.com>
cc

Subject
PERC2 RHEL3 issue

Hi,

I'm trying to install RHEL3 onto a box we have just taken out of
production - Its a PE6300 with a couple of older Xeons and a PERC2
controller in it.

Seems that the installer finds the PERC card OK but then just hangs -
looking in the dmesg output from the installer it seems to have issues
with
the PERC2 as i see

failed to insert /tmp/megaraid2.o and then hints about insmod debugging
etc.

Has anyone managed to get this combo to work together as i'd rather not
resort to junking this box as it has a lot of life left in it doing
something i'm sure

thanks

Tom