PERC2 RHEL3 issue

Tom Brown tom.brown at goodtechnology.com
Wed May 26 11:17:00 CDT 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to install RHEL3 onto a box we have just taken out of
production - Its a PE6300 with a couple of older Xeons and a PERC2
controller in it.

Seems that the installer finds the PERC card OK but then just hangs -
looking in the dmesg output from the installer it seems to have issues with
the PERC2 as i see

failed to insert /tmp/megaraid2.o and then hints about insmod debugging etc.

Has anyone managed to get this combo to work together as i'd rather not
resort to junking this box as it has a lot of life left in it doing
something i'm sure

thanks

Tom