PERC3/Di failure workaround hypothesis

David_Papasan@Dell.com David_Papasan at Dell.com
Wed May 26 09:53:01 CDT 2004

I wouldn't say you should Expect to see it (but the chance is there), it
is related to IO pattern, and random circumstances occuring all at the
same time.

As Matt pointed out, a workaround is in place for temporary relief.
David

I have to say, I find this both distressing and encouraging.

Distressing because we about to deploy a PE2650 with PERC3/Di, RAID1,
RHAS.

Encouraging because clearly the issue is being actively looked at.

So, with the above setup, should I *expect* to get problems ?

Does the issue happen to most similar server or just a small but
significant few ?

Thanks

Matt Joyce

Children's Cancer Institute Australia