Load testing

David Hubbard dhubbard at dino.hostasaurus.com
Mon May 24 20:45:01 CDT 2004

From: Matthew Joyce [mailto:MJoyce at ccia.unsw.edu.au]

> Hi,
>
> I have a minimal install of RHAS on a PE2650, with the
> broadcom nics bonded.  This seems to be fine.
>
> Before I hand it over to our Vendors/developers to install
> their apps, I'd like to load test the hardware.
>
> Is there any recommended software which will benchmark/test
> the system ?

You can google for all of these but here's some options:

1) iozone and bonnie++ to stress the disk system
2) iperf to stress network
3) cpuburn to stress the cpu's

I use cpuburn on all new servers for a few hours now since
my experiencing of a randomly locking up 1750 which turned
out to have a bad xeon that only failed under high cpu load.

David