apache question

Gavin Hamill gdh at acentral.co.uk
Mon May 24 10:01:01 CDT 2004

On Monday 24 May 2004 15:56, Lisa Preston wrote:
> Can anyone help me with apache listing my directory content when their
> is no default page (ie. inex or welcome) in that directory.  I do not
> want my directory content listed.

Hi Lisa :)

I believe this question is off-topic since there's no Dell-specific content in
it, but you will want to remove the argument "Indexes" from the "Options"
directive inside the relevant <Directory> stanza.

Something like this:

<Directory /var/www/>
    Options Includes FollowSymLinks Indexes MultiViews

change to

<Directory /var/www/>
    Options Includes FollowSymLinks MultiViews

and then 'apachectl graceful'

Cheers,
Gavin.