Debian OMSA

Sean McAvoy sean.mcavoy at megawheels.com
Fri May 21 15:26:02 CDT 2004

Well now luck getting it working cleanly, but I did manage to find out
more.
When I used 4.71, the module was built cleanly and loaded fine. When I
removed the dellomsa-drivers
it did not unload esm.o nor delete it. This causes the dellomsa-drivers
4.9 (not sure about 4.12, but more then
likely the same) to install successfully as it detects the esm module
loaded.
Which would explain why users upgrading from 4.71 would experience no
problems.
Thanks for the esm_log Charlie

Can anyone comment on the significance of using esm.o from 4.71 with
newer dellomsa, or any benefits of using the newer over the older.

-Sean