Debian OMSA

Sean McAvoy sean.mcavoy at megawheels.com
Fri May 21 13:01:00 CDT 2004

Hello Charlie,
I'm still having troubles building a usable module(i.e. no unresolved
symbols), could it be some option in .config that could cause this
problem?
I went as far as setting up a fresh debian install on a PE1600sc,
downloaded linux-2.4.26.tar.gz from ftp.kernel.org, copied my existing
.config  into the root of the kernel source tree. I then ran `make-kpkg
--append_to_version -kernel.org --revision 3 buildpackage kernel_image
kernel_source kernel_headers`
then sym linked /usr/src/linux-2.4.26 -> /usr/src/linux-2.4. I then
installed the kernel-image package
rebooted, installed dellomsa-drivers and it built the module, but it
has unresolved symbols (local_bh_enable and local_bh_disable)

could you possibly send contents of
/usr/lib/dell/openmanage/omsa/drivers/open_src/esm_log so I can compare
it to my own? Thanks in advance.