dell esm.o load average..

Troy Benjegerdes hozer at hozed.org
Fri May 21 11:36:01 CDT 2004

On Fri, May 21, 2004 at 09:39:29AM -0500, Abhay_Salunke at Dell.com wrote:
> The esm.o has a kernel thread which executes every one second and it
> does nothing except pinging the watchdog. But this shows up in the load
> average calculation, though it does not actually load the CPU.
> This issue is resolved in the next upcoming release of OMSA.
> Abhay

Thanks. When is this new release expected?

Another issue I noted with the esm.o module is that it apparently has no
'MODULE_LICENSE' tag. What is the license on the esm module? Is it
possible to get it released as GPL?

Also, what are the plans for linux 2.6 support? I would really prefer
something that can export all the information to sysfs, which would
remove the need to run an additional snmp daemon.

Troy Benjegerdes                'da hozer'                hozer at hozed.org

Somone asked my why I work on this free (http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/)
software stuff and not get a real job. Charles Shultz had the best answer:

"Why do musicians compose symphonies and poets write poems? They do it
because life wouldn't have any meaning for them if they didn't. That's why
I draw cartoons. It's my life." -- Charles Shultz