dell esm.o load average..

Abhay_Salunke@Dell.com Abhay_Salunke at Dell.com
Fri May 21 09:40:01 CDT 2004

The esm.o has a kernel thread which executes every one second and it
does nothing except pinging the watchdog. But this shows up in the load
average calculation, though it does not actually load the CPU.
This issue is resolved in the next upcoming release of OMSA.
Abhay
-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-admin at dell.com
[mailto:linux-poweredge-admin at dell.com]On Behalf Of Troy Benjegerdes
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2004 7:40 PM
To: linux-poweredge at dell.com
Subject: dell esm.o load average..

I see a message at
http://lists.us.dell.com/pipermail/linux-poweredge/2004-March/018909.htm

that "The OMSA team is investigating."

Has anyone figured this out yet? And can we get the ESM module released
standalone please?

Troy Benjegerdes                'da hozer'
hozer at hozed.org

Somone asked my why I work on this free (http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/)
software stuff and not get a real job. Charles Shultz had the best
answer:

"Why do musicians compose symphonies and poets write poems? They do it
because life wouldn't have any meaning for them if they didn't. That's
why
I draw cartoons. It's my life." -- Charles Shultz