Debian OMSA

Charlie Orford spam at linuxdsl.co.uk
Fri May 21 06:32:01 CDT 2004

Sean McAvoy wrote:

> I'm having trouble building even using 4.90-3825. It builds the esm.o
> module, but I still get unresolved symbols (local_bh_enable and
> local_bh_disable).
> Other than making sure /lib/modules/`uname -r`/misc and
> /usr/src/linux-2.4 are symlinked to the source tree, was there anything
> special you had to do to get it to build a usable module? Thanks.

<snip>

I have just removed the currently installed 4.90-3825 version
and installed the latest release (4.120-3925) and it works as advertised
here. I haven't had to do anything funky with my source trees.
/usr/src/linux is symed to /usr/src/linux-2.4.26 and /lib/modules/2.4.26
exists as its own directory.

This is a vanilla install of debian (woody), running a vanilla 2.4.26
kernel from www.kernel.org

Is there anything else I can check/report on that might help?

Charlie