Jumbo frames from 1750 to NetApp filer

David Bloomfield dxb-linuxpe at tesla.ioppublishing.com
Fri May 21 05:21:01 CDT 2004

Thanks for the responses, everyone.

After sending the original mail, I was able to test the same
configuration with our other filer, an F825, from the same server, via
the same switch.

In this case, it all works OK with MTU set to 9000. The F825 has
different Ethernet controllers, though ("10/100/1000 Ethernet Controller
IV", compared to "Dual 10/100/1000 Ethernet Controller V" on the 940).

Coincidentally, we had a NetApp engineer on site on Wednesday, who also
suggested that the problem may be with the 940's controllers. So we're
taking this up with NetApp now.

Thanks again,
David