Mysterious Lockup

Josh French jfrench at gmsi1.com
Thu May 20 14:56:01 CDT 2004

Hello,

I've actually seen some discussion on this before, but was wanting to revisit
this topic.  My system specs are listed below:

PowerEdge 2550 - PERC3/Di - dual RAID channels, U160 SCSI
Linux mybox 2.4.21-15.ELsmp #1 SMP

So, I've noted that people have had these mystery lockups with the 9.0.1, and
i'm up to 21-15 with the 3.0 Enterprise Redhat...same issue.  No logs, our
console access wasn't available, so I didn't see the IO errors that other
reported.  Anyway, has anyone seen a resolution to this beyond just being a
software issue, and if so, is there software that I should be downloading to
fix this?  up2date didn't show anything.

Thanks in advance,

Joshua French
Network/Systems Engineer