PE8450 redhat / fedora sym53c8xx install issues...

Luke Alexander luke at endemoluk.com
Thu May 20 07:30:00 CDT 2004

In case anyone else experience this problem:

I installed Redhat 7.3

Then booted from the Fedora disks, and select the linux noprobe option, select the MegaRaid / Gigabit NIC drivers, then proceeded with the install, and performed an upgrade instead of a clean install.

Rebooted, and upgraded to latest 2.4.26 kernel

Rebooted, the system now running Fedora with 2.4.26 kernel

Luke.