Educational pricing for RHEL

Wed May 19 16:42:01 CDT 2004

That is something that redhat will not let us do so
you have to go to them to get the educational prices.
Sorry it's a redhat thing not a dell one.
Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-admin at dell.com
[mailto:linux-poweredge-admin at dell.com] On Behalf Of Kevin M. Myer
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 4:16 PM
To: linux-poweredge at dell.com
Subject: Educational pricing for RHEL

Hello,

This perhaps is something I should take up with a sales rep but I'd like
to know if anyone has had success getting Red Hat's educational pricing
when buying a Dell server.  I can buy a copy of RHEL from Red Hat for
$50/year per server.  I can buy a copy bundled with Dell, through their
K-12 educational store for $670/year.  Naturally, I like the $50/year
price but I'd also like to get the whole thing, server and educational
software price, bundled from one vendor
(Dell) if I can

Any educational customers have any luck doing this?

Thanks,
Kevin

--
Kevin M. Myer