Debian OMSA

Sean McAvoy sean.mcavoy at megawheels.com
Wed May 19 11:28:01 CDT 2004

Thanks for your reply. Other than ensuring both /usr/src/linux-2.4 and
/lib/modules/`uname -r`/build were linked to the running kernel's
source tree, was there anything special you had to do? I've done all of
that and attempted to install dellomsa-drivers and it builds a esm.o
with unresolved symbols.

-

On 19-May-04, at 11:55 AM, Jim McLaughlin wrote:

> I have it working on a 2650 with 2.4.20 compiled from debian
> kernel-source-2.4.20 and on a 1550 with 2.4.23 from kernel.org. I can't
> remember if /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build needed to link to the proper
> source, or if that was some other package.
> On Tue, 2004-05-18 at 15:49, Sean McAvoy wrote:
>> Well this is quite odd then. Is anyone successfully running the latest
>> OMSA on Debian?
>> And if so, what kernel (from where) have you had success with?
>> Thanks
>>

>> On 18-May-04, at 4:41 PM, <Abhay_Salunke at Dell.com> wrote:
>>
>>> local_bh_enable() macro is used by another kernel macro
>>> spin_unlock_bh().
>>> which is used up by the esm.o driver kernel function. If the
>>> local_bh_enable() is defined then I dont see any reason why it wont
>>> work.
>>>
>>> Abhay

>>> Fax:		416.360.1403