PE8450 redhat / fedora sym53c8xx install issues...

Luke Alexander luke at endemoluk.com
Wed May 19 07:47:01 CDT 2004

Hi all,

Just joined the list, and having problems with a Power Edge 8450.

I'm trying to install a more recent version of Redhat than 7.3 (8.0 / 9.0 / Fedora), but it hangs on:

I can successfully install 7.3, but wanted something slightly newer - preferably Fedora.

I don't think that the Symbios SCSI controller is actually used, but can't find a way to disable it...

If I do a Fedora install with the noprobe boot option, I can install Fedora successfully by just adding the MegaRAID and Gigabit NIC drivers, but then once the install has finished the system hangs at:

Does anyone have any ideas to get round this?

Regards,

Luke.

Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of ENDEMOL UK plc unless specifically stated.
This email and the information it contains are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify us immediately and delete the copy you have received from your system.
You should not copy it for any purpose, re-transmit it, use it or disclose its contents to any other person. If you suspect the message may have been intercepted or amended please call the sender.