OMSA on linux 2.6 kernel

Dan Christian dac at proofpoint.com
Tue May 18 20:21:01 CDT 2004

I posted on this a while back, but didn't get any replies.

The OMSA driver won't compile under Linux-2.6.

Megamon will monitor a AMI based RAID controller.  This talks directly
to the open source driver, so it should work under 2.6.  It used to work
for me under 2.6.3, but doesn't seem to notice anything under 2.6.5.

There is different tool for Adaptec based RAID.  I haven't used that
one.  It should also be independent of OMSA.

-Dan