Debian OMSA

Sean McAvoy sean.mcavoy at megawheels.com
Tue May 18 11:01:01 CDT 2004

Hello,
I am attempting to get OMSA running on Debian. I've run into a problem
that has been encountered on the list before (titled "OMSA : unresolved
symbol local_bh_enable) , but there doesn't seem to be a solution.
It is mentioned in the thread that using backports.org's kernels
(2.4.24 and 2.4.25) solved the issue.
I've used both 2.4.25 from backports.org as well as 2.4.26 from Debian
(unstable), no luck with either.
I get the messages below:
Setting up dellomsa-drivers (4.120-3925) ...

Building device driver for running kernel:                 [OK]

Running kernel is not supported.
See Dynamic Kernel Support in the Server Administrator readme.txt file.

Run rpm using the -e option to clean up the RPM database. Enter:
rpm -e dellomsa-drivers-4.120-3924

dellomsa-drivers-4.120-3924.i386.rpm: Upgrade was NOT successful! ERROR
44

dpkg: error processing dellomsa-drivers (--configure):
  subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 44
  dellomsa-drivers

ouput from `modprobe esm`:
unresolved symbol local_bh_enable

Any suggestions as to why it's not working?
Thanks.

Sean McAvoy
Network Analyst
Megawheels Technologies Inc.