Severe Reliability & Performance Problems with a PE4600

nathan r. hruby nhruby at uga.edu
Mon May 17 19:19:01 CDT 2004

On Mon, 17 May 2004, David Hubbard wrote:

> If you need advanced management, jumbo
> frames, base routing, wirespeed sniffing, etc. then look at
> Foundry (http://www.foundrynet.com/).  They have middle of
> the road and higher end with 24 and 48 ports of 10/100/1000.
> Hot swap redundant power too if you need it.  Or there's

I'll second the Foundry gear.  We use lots of it and it's nice.  Also,
Foundry's GigE gear isn't oversubscribed on the backplane, so if all your
ports need to do GigE you'll actually get it.

-n
nathan hruby <nhruby at uga.edu>
uga enterprise information technology services
production systems support
metaphysically wrinkle-free