quick PV220 question

jason andrade jason at rtfmconsult.com
Fri May 14 22:03:01 CDT 2004

On Thu, 13 May 2004, Mark Watts wrote:

> Well pulling it out while the system was live didn't break anything :o)
> I think I'll power-off the box before putting it back in though (its a test
> machine)

this is the benefit of the 'prepare slot' command - it turns off power to that
slot so you can put a drive back safely as well.  rather than needing to power
cycle the whole machine.

hmm, i just thought of something - for people using software raid (and not afacli)
there isn't any way to prepare a slot.. or is there ?  and how do you do this for
megaraid usage ? i can't remember seeing if there's the equivalent of a prepare
slot under that utility..

regards,

-jason