FreeBSD SATA controller driver

Rick_Gouveia@Dell.com Rick_Gouveia at Dell.com
Thu May 13 19:16:07 CDT 2004

Hi all.

I know this is a long shot I have a customer that is looking for the driver above to use on our Poweredge 750 The controller on the 750 is an Adaptec 2610 which is custom made for Dell servers (part number H2052.

I am looking for the following:

We will be running the FreeBSD 4.x Tree (FreeBSD 4.9, FreeBSD 4.10 when it comes out) and also the FreeBSD 5.x Tree (FreeBSD >= 5.2.1) on these servers.

It appears that there may not be proper framework in the source code for SATA so they drop down to UDMA2 (ATA33) compatibility mode, running a 'dd' i can only push 33MB/s to the disk.

This part number is not listed on the Adaptec website and even if it was they do no list any freebsd drivers.  Someone in engineering would definitely have to be involved.

 I know it is a longshot but I had to try

Thanks

RickG

Rick Gouveia
Dell Inc.- Preferred Accounts West
Systems Consultant
408-427-1058 Mobile
408-847-9100Office
512-283-0250Fax
Pager: 4084271058 at mobile.att.net
Email: Rick_Gouveia at Dell.com

	NEW! Products from Dell:

	Dell/EMC Fibre Channel Storage: < <http://www.dell.com/us/en/bsd/products/series_fibre_storage.htm> http://www.dell.com/us/en/bsd/products/series_fibre_storage.htm>
Dell PowerConnect Network Switches: < <http://www.dell.com/us/en/bsd/products/series_pwcnt_networks.htm> http://www.dell.com/us/en/bsd/products/series_pwcnt_networks.htm>

NOTICE: This email may contain confidential or proprietary information which may be legally privileged. It is intended only for the named recipient(s). If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected the email, please notify the author by replying to this message. If you are not the named recipient, you are not authorized to use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this email, and should immediately delete it from your computer system.  Thank you.