PowerEdge 4400, DLT drive not detected

Sean McAvoy sean.mcavoy at megawheels.com
Thu May 13 17:32:01 CDT 2004

Hello,
I have a PE4400 with the embedded RAID (perc 3di). The container on the
first channel is recognized,  and in the bios config tool it see the
DLT attached to the second channel (external). The First channel is set
to RAID, the second is set to SCSI.
The secondary SCSI controller is enabled, and the CDROM drive is
recognized.
When I load the aic7xxx driver the system recognizes the cdrom drive,
but does not see the tape drive.
When I was using firmware A09 the DLT drive was recognized as it's own
SCSI controller. I've since upgraded to A11, the most current.
It now does not get recognized (by the OS) as being attached. Other
than purchase a SCSI controller for the tape drive, what suggestions
does anyone have as to how to get it to work again.
Many thanks in advance.

Sean McAvoy
Network Analyst
Megawheels Technologies Inc.