Network UPS Shutdown

Jatinder Shoker jshoker at erd.epson.com
Wed May 12 11:01:00 CDT 2004

Hi,

Kinda off topic. I have a PE2650 I want to shutdown using APC Network
Shutdown (I have SmartUPS RM with a Web/SNMP Card). I am running RHEL 2.1
ES. The install goes ok but I can't use the browser to configure the server
to handle the events as I would like them. There is some authentication
problem. The dialog box pops up prompting for the userid and passwd, but it
never works. I wish I coud manually edit the configuration files that APC
use, but the whole setup uses some Java apps and the file format is strange.
I can't use a standard editor. Anyone have any suggestions on resolving the
browser issue or bypassing it by editing the config file?

Jatinder Shoker
Systems Administrator
Epson Research and Development Inc.
shoker.jatinder at erd.epson.com