New Perc 3/di firmware

zhimin@iss.nus.edu.sg zhimin at iss.nus.edu.sg
Tue May 11 20:50:30 CDT 2004

Found the service tag in BIOS, and updated the Perc 3/di firmware to v2.8
successfully.
Thanks.

cheers,
zhimin

                    Brian_Pickering@
                    selinc.com             To:     Choo Zhi Min <zhimin at iss.nus.edu.sg>
                                           cc:     linux-poweredge at dell.com
                    05/12/2004 02:45       Subject:     Re: New Perc 3/di firmware
                    AM

The service tag is displayed in the BIOS for the system.  The only way
your system won't have a service tag programmed is if the motherboard has
been replaced at some point and the tech who installed it didn't reprogram
it into the new system.  If that is the case you can reprogram it with a
Dell utility.

Brian Pickering - Brian_Pickering at selinc.com
System Administrator - Information Services
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc.

Choo Zhi Min <zhimin at iss.nus.edu.sg>
Sent by: linux-poweredge-admin at dell.com
05/11/2004 01:28 AM

linux-poweredge at dell.com
cc

Subject
Re: New Perc 3/di firmware

Hi,

I am using floppy to update PERC 3/di firmware 2.8 on a PE2650. After the
floppy bootup, it shows:

WARNING: Be advised that you must have a service tag number
programed into your system otherwise you will receive an error
message after flashing to 2.8 firmware.

How do I check if I have a service tag number programed into the system?
How do I program a service tag number into the system?
Hmm, does it matter at all?

I stopped the update since I am not sure about it.

Regards,
Zhimin