UPS / non-UPS environmental monitoring

Adam Williams awilliam at mdah.state.ms.us
Tue May 11 17:20:00 CDT 2004

There is a linux utlity called powerd that can work with APC smart
UPS's.  APC may have their own linux client now though, it was 5 years
ago when i used powerd.  as for the temperature monitoring, there is
lm-sensors but I don't know if there is a utility that will shut down
each computer.  perhaps you should put in a cheap wall mount AC unit
with an adjustable thermostat and a bucket under it to catch the
condensation ;)