OT: external SATA RAID

Eric Swenson eric at reaction-eng.com
Tue May 11 17:01:03 CDT 2004

Hi Abe,

I can recommend ExcelMeridian to you- their service and support has been
absolutely stellar, to the point of overnight-shipping a new raid array
to me, twice, when the WD drives they were using had firmware issues.

I'm not sure about those specific companies, but you'll want to upgrade
to a redhat beta channel kernel, such as 2.4.21-12.EL, to see any decent
speed on the scsi devices under RHEL - something about removing the scsi
no-affinity patch or something.  Doing so took the speed on my external
IDE-to-SCSI raid array from 14MB/s up to 60MB/s.

$0.02

-Eric