Kernel panic: no init found

Colin Jenkins colin.jenkins at antalis.co.uk
Tue May 11 11:37:38 CDT 2004

Steve,

Thanks (thanks also to Matt for the note on megaraid releases and Mat for his note).

In pointing me at this I am sure I have found our problem, it is not a problem with megaraid drivers or the initrd-2.4.9-e.38.img but a simple lilo.conf typo error.

When I reviewed lilo.conf, I could see that the entry for the e24 kernel specified "root=/dev/sda2" whereas the entry for the e38 kernel specified "root=/dev/sda"

So a simple typo made me draw incorrect conclusions.

So, thanks again, I feel I have learned a lot from this (in more ways than one).

Regards,

Colin