Kernel panic: no init found

Colin Jenkins colin.jenkins at antalis.co.uk
Tue May 11 11:10:24 CDT 2004

Steve,

Thanks for this, I will give it a go (although I have to wait to get downtime).

I am also trying to get it clear in my mind how this works and to set up a good working practice.

Can someone confirm if this is correct ....

- megaraid_2002 and megaraid2 both exist in the e38 kernel
- neither are included in the initrd-2.4.9-e.38.img by default

if this is correct

- how do you find out what is in the default initrd-2.4.9-e.38.img (or for any new kernel)
- is it good practice to always run a mkinitrd before booting a new kernel

additionally

- where do I find out about the different megaraid releases

Thanks,

Colin