Kernel panic: no init found

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Tue May 11 11:01:01 CDT 2004

On Tue, May 11, 2004 at 04:21:37PM +0100, Colin Jenkins wrote:
> What is the naming convention for these megaraid drivers,
> megaraid_2002 sounds to me to be later than megaraid2, where are
> these documented ?

It is indeed confusing, but once you recognize the naming scheme it
makes somewhat more sense.

megaraid  is the default driver, version 1.18f or thereabouts.
megaraid_2002 was megaraid2 version 2.00.2
megaraid_2009 was megaraid2 version 2.00.9
megaraid2  is megaraid2 version (top of tree)

Red Hat provides the older drivers for at least one back-rev
(2.4.9-e.40 kernel has megaraid2 and megaraid_2009, but not
megaraid_2002 any longer) for customers who want maximum stability in
their driver base and don't want to take any chances that a newer
driver would cause them problems.  But new fixes are going in to the
megaraid2 driver constantly, and some customers want/need those too.
So both are provided.

Thanks,
Matt

--