LTO Device No connect (PowerVault 110T)

Chris_Purcell@Dell.com Chris_Purcell at Dell.com
Tue May 11 07:41:00 CDT 2004

If the Ultrium is attached to a PE2650, to what have you attached the
tape drive? My first guess would be that you have attached it to the
RAID controller. No, there is no st.o driver that should be loaded. Tape
devices are not mounted (and therefore need no drivers) instead they are
accessed as raw devices. Find out what port/card to which the tape drive
is attached and reply.

Chris T. Purcell
Americas Enterprise Services
Linux and Novell Hardware Support
Tues-Sat 0600-1500
1-800-822-8965

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-admin at dell.com
[mailto:linux-poweredge-admin at dell.com] On Behalf Of ots
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 5:00 AM
To: linux-poweredge
Subject: LTO Device No connect (PowerVault 110T)

Hi!

I have some trouble with my  RedHat Linux AS 2.1. The hardware browser
sees the "SEAGATE ULTRIUM06242-XXX" tapedrive, and states:
Manufacturer: Unknown
Driver: ignore
Device: /dev/st

Should'nt there bee something like a "st.o" driver loaded? And should'nt
the device bee /dev/st[0..x] ? What is wrong here? I'v tried all the
st[0..x] devices and the nst[0..x] devices.

The command #mt -f <device> status, fails for all devices. TapeWare
is'nt able to see the TapeDeviece.

System: Dell PowerEdge 2650

Any ideas would bee appreciated!!

Kind regards, O.T.Storli