Tapeware fails sometimes

Cédric Girard cedric.girard at jouy.inra.fr
Tue May 11 06:05:00 CDT 2004

Hello,

I manage a PE2650 under Redhat 9 with a Powervault 122LTO on a dedicated
SCSI card (Adaptec 36160). At 11pm, it backup data. But sometimes
Tapeware 7 fails, blocked on "searching medias" work.
The X admin cannot stop the backup task, the only way is to stop the
daemon and to restart it. The powervault is waiting, not blocked.

Where I can watch for logs to understand the problem? The serveur run
apache2/webdav and samba, but they are stopped on 9pm.

Cédric