New Perc 3/di firmware

Choo Zhi Min zhimin at iss.nus.edu.sg
Tue May 11 03:30:00 CDT 2004

Hi,

I am using floppy to update PERC 3/di firmware 2.8 on a PE2650. After the
floppy bootup, it shows:

WARNING: Be advised that you must have a service tag number
programed into your system otherwise you will receive an error
message after flashing to 2.8 firmware.

How do I check if I have a service tag number programed into the system?
How do I program a service tag number into the system?
Hmm, does it matter at all?

I stopped the update since I am not sure about it.

Regards,
Zhimin