Remote Console ERA PE2650

JACOB_LIBERMAN@Dell.com JACOB_LIBERMAN at Dell.com
Mon May 10 17:15:01 CDT 2004

Sean,

You should really open a Network Operating System support incident with
Dell support to address this issue.

Make sure you have the rac services installed and running. The racvnc
service specifically will allow you to connect a remote VNC session via
the rac web interface. Side note, with the rac services running, the
text based console redirection does not always work. This should work
fine in runlevel 5.

Thanks, jacob

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-admin at dell.com
[mailto:linux-poweredge-admin at dell.com] On Behalf Of Sean Bruno
Sent: Monday, May 10, 2004 4:05 PM
To: nathan r. hruby
Subject: Re: Remote Console ERA PE2650

Thanks for responding to my post.  I'm glad that someone is paying
attention to this list!

Actually, what I was looking for was "how to" use the remote console
from the DRAC when X is running.  I need the X server to be running on
these servers so that some terminals can utilize XDMCP to connect to
them.

Is there any way to get the remote console working in this
configuration?

--
Sean Bruno
Telecommunications Engineer