booting from a Promise SATA TX4?

Louis-David Mitterrand vindex at apartia.org
Sat May 8 14:44:34 CDT 2004

Hi,

I just installed a Promise SATA TX4 controler and it works fine with my
debian unstable installation with kernel 2.6.5.

However I can't find the device in the bios boot menu of my Precision
530MT (A10 bios). The Promise tech docs say that a modern bios
should properly display the controller as a potential boot device.

Has anyone succeeded in booting from a promise controller with a
Precision or a Poweredge?

Thanks,

--
A meeting is an event at which the minutes are kept and the hours are
lost.